Gujarat Domicile Certificate |ડોમિસાઈલ સર્ટિફિકેટ : Domicile certificate is a legal proof, which certifies that a person resides in a particular State. This certificate is an essential document to claim the rights and benefits of the State that he/she lives. The concerned State Government provides this certificate to its applicant. Residents of the State of Gujarat can obtain domicile certificate as proof that he/she dwelled in a particular village or town or ward continuously over a period and intended to make Gujarat as his/her permanent residence. Recently, the Government has introduced Digital Gujarat online portal to apply for the domicile certificate. In this article, we look at the eligibility and requirements for obtaining the Gujarat Domicile Certificate in detail.
Domicile Certificate in Gujarat
Domicile certificate serves as a legal document that a person is a resident of that particular State. It helps in availing of the services and benefits provided by the State Government. Residents of Gujarat State can obtain this certificate as proof that he/she resides in a particular town or village or ward as permanent residents. The Government of Gujarat has introduced the Digital Gujarat online portal to apply for the domicile certificate. Let’s have a look at the eligibility and application procedure for Domicile certificate
ડોમિસાઈલ સર્ટિફિકેટ એટલે છુ ?
ડોમીસાઈલ સર્ટીફીકેટ એ વિદ્યાર્થીઓ માટેનો દાખલો છે.
ડોમિસાઈલ સર્ટિફિકેટ (Domicile Certificate) નો અર્થ એ છે કે તમે ગુજરાતના વતની અથવા ગુજરાતી છો અને જ્યારે તમે ગુજરાતની કોઈપણ યુનિવર્સિટીમાં પ્રવેશ મેળવવા માંગો છો, ત્યારે અન્ય રાજ્યોના વિદ્યાર્થીઓ કરતાં તમારી પસંદગી પ્રથમ આવે છે તેનો પુરાવો.
Benefits of obtaining Gujarat Domicile Certificate |ડોમિસાઈલ સર્ટિફિકેટ
The domicile certificate serves various purposes. The advantages of obtaining a domicile certificate are as follows:
- To receive the local preference
- For admission to the educational institute in case, parents have transferable jobs
- To apply for State scholarship schemes and quotas
- Getting the Ration Card
- To apply for State Government jobs
Note: The Government of Gujarat has made the Gujarat Domicile Certificate mandatory for students who are seeking admissions to medical and paramedical courses. It is applicable to the courses in the State such as Dental, Ayurveda, Homeopathy, and Naturopathy.
Eligibility criteria Gujarat Domicile Certificate |ડોમિસાઈલ સર્ટિફિકેટ
A person should fulfil the following conditions to obtain the domicile certificate in the State of Gujarat:
- The applicant must be a resident of Gujarat
- The person born in Gujarat and had been residing there for at least ten years is eligible. However, the wife and the minor children of the applicant are also eligible.
- The applicant must own the land or immovable property in Gujarat for which the copy of RoR(Record of Rights) is submitted
- A woman who is from another State but has married a permanent resident of Gujarat is eligible as well.
- The person or any family member who was in the regular Government service of Gujarat can apply for a domicile certificate.
- For a person of unsound mind, a written declaration is a must by parent/guardian
- Note: one cannot acquire the domicile certificate from more than one State/UT as it will be considered as an offence. The applicant can procure the domicile certificate from only one State/UT as per law.
Documents Required for Gujarat Domicile Certificate
The following documents are required for domicile certificate:
- Address proof (Any one of the following is mandatory)
- Ration card
- Voter ID
- Electricity Bill
- Telephone Bill
- Driving License
- Identity Proof (one of many of the following is compulsory)
- Pan Card
- Photo identity of one the document issued by the Government
- Photo Identity issued by the recognized educational institution/ Public Sector Undertakings(PSU)
- Service Attachment (Proof)
- Birth certificate (Domicile by Birth)
- Ten Years proof of residence
- Certificate of Takati
- No Objection Certificate of Police Station
- Character Certificate
Issuing Authority of Domicile Certificate in Gujarat
The head of Taluka (MAMLATDAR) issues the domicile certificate to the eligible applicant
How to apply online for Gujarat Domicile Certificate |ડોમિસાઈલ સર્ટિફિકેટ
Step 1: Visit the official website of Digital Gujarat
Step 2: A tab is provided on the site, which comprises two options: First ‘Search’ and the other is ‘Filter’
Step 3: Click on ‘Filter.’ A drop-down menu will appear. Now, select the option of certificates from it.
Step 4: Now, choose the option of ‘certificates’ from the drop-down menu
Step 5: The choice of a domicile certificate will appear on the screen. Click on domicile certificate
Step 6: The below screen will appear. Find the option of ‘Apply Online’ and click on it.
Step 7: A new user has to register on the portal by providing the following details:
- Login Using (E-mail Id or Mobile No.)
- Create Username and give the password
Step 8: Once registered and verified your email or mobile number. Login with the provided username and the password
Step 9: Store information required and upload the necessary documents in the online application form.
Step 10: Pay the essential transaction charges and submit your application Information regarding the Payment process. Click here
Step 11: Apply and can track the status of your application
Note: The authority will issue the Domicile Certificate within a week from the date of successful submission of the form apart from the Government holidays. As per the Government, the domicile certificate has lifetime validity.
Gujarat Domicile Certificate Note: In case of any issues regarding portal citizens, can contact on toll-free no. 18002335500