IBPS Recruitment Notification 2021 : IBPS RRB Exam is conducted every year by IBPS for selection to the post of both IBPS RRB Assistant and IBPS RRB Officer Cadre in Regional Rural Banks spread across the country. For selection to the post of both Assistant and Officer Cadre in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) spread across the country, IBPS organizes IBPS RRB Exam every year. The selection is made to the post of:
IBPS Recruitment RRB Post Details :
- Office Assistant,
- Marketing Manager,
- Treasury Manager
- Officer Scale – I,
- Banking Officer Scale – II,
- Agriculture Officer (Grade – II)
- Law Officer (Grade – II),
- Law Officer (Grade – II),
- Chartered Accountant (Grade II)
- Officer (Grade III),
- IT Officer (Grade II),
IBPS RRB is a national-level banking exam conducted every year by the Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) for candidates who aspire to join the Regional Rural Bank (क्षेत्रीय ग्रामीण बैंक). Let’s take a look at both these exams:
IBPS Recruitment 2021 Notification
IBPS Recruitment has released IBPS RRB 2021 notification on June 7, 2021 to recruit 10166 post of Office Assistant (Clerk) and Officers Scale-I, II & III in different in Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) across the country. You can download the Official Notification by clicking on the link mentioned below. With release of IBPS RRB Notification 2021, IBPS has released the exam dates, eligibility criteria, online application link, vacancies, selection proceeds, exam centers, pattern and syllabus etc.
IBPS RRB 2021: Important Dates :
|IBPS RRB Notification||June 7, 2021|
|Online Application Starts on||June 8, 2021|
|Online Applications will end on||June 28, 2021|
|Pre-Exam Training Call Letter||July 9, 2021|
|Pre-Exam Training Schedule||July 19-25, 2021|
|Call Letters – Preliminary Exam||July 2021|
|IBPS RRB Preliminary Examination
(Officer Scale-I & Office Assistant)
|1st, 7th, 8th, 14th and 15th August 2021|
|IBPS RRB Prelims Exam Result||August 2021|
|IBPS RRB Mains Admit Card||September 2021|
|Online Examination – Main / Single Officers (II & III)||25th September 2021|
|Officer Scale I Mains Exam||25th September 2021|
|Office Assistant Mains Exam||3rd October 2021|
|Conduct of interview (For Officers Scale I, II and III)||October/November 2021|
|Final Result (Provisional Allotment)||January 2022|
IBPS RRB Exam Date 2021
As per the IBPS Calendar 2021-22, the IBPS RRB 2021 Office Assistant Preliminary Exam will be conducted on 14th and 15th August 2021 and the mains exam for the same is scheduled to be conducted on 3rd October 2021.
The online exam of IBPS RRB 2021 Officer Scale-I will be conducted on 1st and 7th August 2021 (Preliminary Exam) and the mains exam for the same is scheduled to be conducted on 25th September 2021. This year, a single exam was conducted for IBPS RRB Officer Scale II & III on 25th September 2021.
IBPS RRB 2021 Online Application
The Online Application link for IBPS RRB 2021 Office Assistant and Officers Scale-I, II & III, has been activated on June 8, 2021 at the official website of IBPS i.e. https://ibps.in. All candidates can apply online for this exam by clicking on the link mentioned below:
IBPS RRB Online Application Link
The direct links to apply online for IBPS RRB 2021 exams are given below. A candidate has to apply separately for each exam if he/she wants to appear in more than one exams. All candidates can apply online for IBPS RRB 2021 Office Assistant (Clerk), Officer Scale-I (PO) and Officer Scale-II and III by clicking on the links mentioned below:
How to Apply Online for IBPS RRB 2021 Exam?
Steps to follow for applying online for IBPS RRB 2021 (CRP RRBs X) exam:
Step 1: Click on the Apply Online links mentioned above.
Step 2: Candidates applying for Officer Scale I are required to click on the first link, candidates applying for Officer Scale II and III are required to click on the second link, candidates applying for office assistant post are required to click on the third link.
Step 3: Read the instructions provided before applying for any of the three exams.
Read the detailed guidelines to fill the application form here:
Step 4: Click on CLICK HERE FOR NEW REGISTRATION link provided at the top of right side of the page.
Step 5: Fill in your basic information and click on Save and Next option.
Step 6: You are now required to upload your photograph and signature. The size of the photograph must be 4.5 cm * 3.5 cm. The photograph must be of passport size and both the photograph and the signature must be clear and legible. File size of photograph must be of minimum 20 KB and of maximum 50 KB. File size for signature must be of minimum 10 KB and of maximum 20 KB.
Step 7: Click on next button after uploading your photograph and signature.
Step 8: You are now required to fill in your basic details. There are three sections that need to be completed in this portion of the application process.
After you have filled in your basic details, you are required to fill in your Educational Qualifications. Once you are done with this, you are required to fill in the preference list. In the preference list mention the name of RRBs in sequence. You need to select the Bank in order of preferences. There is no limit to choices made by a candidate.
Step 9: After the choices have been made, click on save and next.
Step 10: A preview of your application appears before you. In case you find any error, you can edit the information. Once the data is uploaded and saved, you are not allowed to make any changes in the form, whatsoever. Therefore, kindly review all the details while filling in the application form.
Step 11: Finally, Select the payment method to fill in the application fee. All payment is done online. Candidates can pay the Application fee through either Credit Card/Debit Card/Net Banking.
IBPS Recruitment 2021 Vacancy
The total number of vacancies for IBPS RRB 2021 (CRP RRBs X) exam has been announced along with its notification. IBPS introduced 10,446 vacancies for the posts of RRB Office Assistant and Officer Scale-I, II & III. Last year it was 10,493. The table for Post-wise and Category-wise vacancies is mentioned below.
|Post Name||Category-wise Vacancy||Total Vacancies|
|Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||881||345||1321||483||2275||5305|
|Officer Scale I||617||304||1100||387||1711||4119|
|Officer Scale-II (Agriculture Officer)||03||01||07||01||13||25|
|Officer Scale-II (Marketing Officer)||07||02||10||03||21||43|
|Officer Scale-II (Treasury Manager)||00||00||01||00||08||09|
|Officer Scale-II (Law)||03||03||06||01||14||27|
|Officer Scale-II (CA)||03||03||09||02||15||32|
|Officer Scale-II (IT)||07||03||13||04||32||59|
|Officer Scale II(General Banking Officer)||132||63||247||78||386||906|
Let’s have a look at the table of IBPS RRB previous year vacancy for Office Assistant & Officer Scale-I, II & III exam.
|IBPS RRB Office Assistant (Multipurpose)||5076|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale -I||4201|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II (Agriculture Officer)||100|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II (Marketing Officer)||08|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II (Treasury Officer)||03|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II (Law)||26|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II (CA)||26|
|IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II (IT)||59|
|Officer Scale-II (General Banking Officer)||838|
|Officer Scale – III||156|
IBPS Recruitment 2021 Exam Pattern
The exam pattern for the selection to the post of Office Assistant is quite different to that of exam pattern for the selection to the post of Officer Grade. For IBPS RRB Assistant 2021, Exam will be conducted in two phases:
- • Preliminary Exam
- • Mains Exam
No interview process will be conducted for selecting candidates to the post of Office Assistant. Selection will be made purely on the marks obtained by candidate in his/her Mains Examination.
IBPS Assistant Preliminary Exam Pattern
|1.||Reasoning||40||40||A cumulative time of 45 mins|
IBPS Assistant Mains Exam Exam Pattern
|1||Reasoning Paper||40||50||A cumulative time of 2 hours is provided|
|2||General Awareness Paper||40||40|
|3||Numerical Ability Paper||40||50|
|4||English/Hindi Language Paper||40||40|
No interview is required after the Mains Exam to get selected for the post of Office Assistant.
IBPS Recruitment Officer 2021 Exam Pattern
For IBPS RRB Officer 2021, exam will be conducted in three phases:
- • Preliminary Exam
- • Mains Exam
- • Interview Process
The final selection will be made on the cumulative score obtained by candidate in both Mains Exam and Interview Process
.IBPS RRB 2021 Officer Grade Preliminary Examination
|2.||Numerical Ability||40||40||time of 45 mins|
IBPS RRB 2021 Mains Exam (Officer Scale-I)
|2||General Awareness||40||40||time of|
|3||Numerical Ability||40||50||2 hours is|
A common exam (single exam) will be conducted for IBPS RRB Officer Scale-II & III this year to select candidates on the basis of their professional knowledge
IBPS RRB 2021 Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for IBPS RRB 2021 Exam, a candidate is required to fulfil the given eligibility criteria:
Nationality / Citizenship
- a Citizen of India or a subject of Nepal or
- a subject of Bhutan or
- a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania (formerly Tanganyika and Zanzibar), Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) & (v) above shall be a person in whose favor a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limit (As on 01.06.2021)
- For Office Assistant (Multipurpose)- Between 18 years and 28 years i.e. candidates should have not been born earlier than 02.06.1993 and later than 01.06.2003 (both dates inclusive).
- For Officer Scale- I (Assistant Manager)- Above 18 years – Below 30 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1991 and later than 30.06.2003 (both dates inclusive).
- For Officer Scale- II (Manager)- Above 21 years – Below 32 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1989 and later than 31.05.2000 (both dates inclusive).
- For Officer Scale- III (Senior Manager)- Above 21 years – Below 40 years i.e. candidates should not have been born earlier than 03.06.1981 and later than 31.05.2000 (both dates inclusive).
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent
- (a) Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
- (b) Desirable: Working knowledge of Computer.
Officer Scale-I (Assistant Manager)
- i. Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent Preference will be given to the candidates having degree in Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics or Accountancy;
- ii. Proficiency in local language as prescribed by the participating RRB/s*
- iii. Desirable: working knowledge of Computer.
Officer Scale-II General Banking Officer (Manager)
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to the candidates having degree in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Cooperation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.
Officer Scale-II Specialist Officers (Manager)
- Information Technology Officer
- Bachelor’s degree from a recognized University in Electronics / Communication / Computer Science / Information Technology or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Desirable:
- Certificate in ASP, PHP, C++, Java, VB, VC, OCP etc.
- Two years as an officer in a Bank or Financial Institution.
- Chartered Accountant
- Certified Associate (CA) from Institute of Chartered Accountants of of India.
- One Year as a Chartered Accountant.
- Law Officer
- Degree from a recognized University in Law or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate.
- Two years as an advocate or should have worked as Law Officer in Banks or Financial Institutions for a period of not less than two years
- Treasury Manager
- Chartered Accountant or MBA in Finance from a recognized university/ institution
- One Year (in the relevant field)
- Marketing Officer
- MBA in Marketing from a recognized university
- One Year (in the relevant field)
- Agricultural Officer
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture/ Horticulture/ Dairy/ Animal Husbandry/ Forestry/ Veterinary Science/ Agricultural Engineering/ Pisciculture from a recognized university or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate
- Two Years (in there levant field)
Officer Scale-III (Senior Manager)
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized University or its equivalent with a minimum of 50% marks in aggregate. Preference will be given to the candidates having Degree/ Diploma in Banking, Finance, Marketing, Agriculture, Horticulture, Forestry, Animal Husbandry, Veterinary Science, Agricultural Engineering, Pisciculture, Agricultural Marketing and Co-operation, Information Technology, Management, Law, Economics and Accountancy.
- Minimum 5 years experience as an Officer in a Bank or Financial Institutions
1. All the educational qualifications mentioned should be from a University/ Institution/ Board recognized by Govt. Of India/ approved by Govt. Regulatory Bodies and the result should have been declared on or before 28.06.2021.
ii. Proper document from Board / University for having declared the result on or before 28.06.2021 has to be submitted at the time of interview for the posts of Officers (Scale I, II and III) and at the time of joining for the post of Office Assistant (Multipurpose).
Category Wise Age Relaxation:
|Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen||Actual period of service rendered in the defense forces + 3 years (8 years for Disabled Ex-Servicemen belonging to SC/ST) subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years|
|Widows, Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried||9 years|
IBPS RRB 2021 Application Fee
The online application fee for IBPS RRB 2021 exam was increased last year. A total of Rs. 850/- is to be paid by candidates belonging to General Category as the application fee for both IBPS RRB Assistant and IBPS RRB Officers exam and Rs. 175/- for candidates belonging to SC/ST/PWD category.
IBPS RRB 2021 Syllabus
The syllabus for IBPS RRB 2021 is almost same for IBPS RRB Assistant and IBPS RRB Officers. Apart from the below mentioned sections, an additional section of professional knowledge section is asked for the Specialist Officer Grade-II.
Reasoning Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Odd man out||Analogy|
|Blood Relation||Alphabet Test|
|Ranking and Time||Causes and Effects|
|Direction Sense Test||Sitting Arrangements|
|Decision Making||Statement and Assumption|
|Figure Series||Assertion and Reason|
|Statement and Conclusion||Word Formation|
|Statement and Arguments||Statements and Action Courses|
|Figure Series Test||Miscellaneous Tests|
Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Number System||HCF and LCM|
|Decimal Fraction||Profit and Loss|
|Simple Interest||Compound Interest|
|Time and Work||Time and Distance|
|Ratio and Proportion||Averages|
|Case Studies||Charts and Graphs|
|Permutation and Combination||Probability|
English Language Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Spotting Errors||Commonly Misspelled Words|
|Jumbled Words||Phrase Substitution|
|Fill in the Blanks||Jumbled up sentences|
|Idioms and Phrases||Cloze Tests|
|Comprehension||One word Substitution|
Hindi Language Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Vyakaran||Fill in the Blanks|
Computer Knowledge Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Computer Fundamentals||Computer Abbreviations|
|Software and Hardware Fundamentals||Shortcut Keys|
|Networking||Basic Knowledge of Internet|
|MS Office||History of Computers|
|History and Future of Computers||Virus, Hacking|
General Awareness Syllabus for IBPS RRB Exam
|Current Affairs||Social Function of Banks|
|Indian and International Economy||Marketing|
|Banking Terms||Awards and Honors|
|Books and Authors||Finance|
|Fiscal Monetary Policies||Agriculture|
|Repo and Reverse Repo Rate||History of Banking|
IBPS RRB 2021 Exam: FAQs
Q1. What is the exam date of IBPS RRB PO 2021 Exam?
IBPS RRB PO (Officer Scale-I) 2021 prelims exam is tentatively scheduled on 1st and 7th August 2021, while the mains examination will be held on 25th September 2021.
Q2. What is the exam date of IBPS RRB Office Assistant 2021 Exam?
IBPS RRB Clerk (Office Assistant) 2021 prelims exam is tentatively scheduled on 14th and 15th August 2021 while the mains examination will be conducted on 3rd October 2021.
Q3. What is the release date of IBPS RRB notification 2021?
The official notification for IBPS RRB 2021 exam has been published at the official website of IBPS i.e. https://ibps.in on June 7, 2021.
Q4. How many vacancies are announced for IBPS RRB 2021 exam?
A total of 10676 vacancies has been announced for the post of Office Assistant, Officers Scale-I, II & III through IBPS RRB 2021 exam.
Q5. Is the IBPS RRB 2021 exam Bilingual?
All tests are bilingual, i.e. available in both English and Hindi. A candidate can choose Hindi Language or English Language.
Q6. Is there Any Negative Marking in IBPS RRB PO & Clerk Online Exam?
Yes, there is a negative marking for wrong answers in both Preliminary & Mains exams of IBPS RRB. 1/4th of the total marks will be deducted for the question marked wrong by the candidate.
Q7. Are there fixed timings for different sections in IBPS RRB Prelims Exam?
No, there is no sectional timing in IBPS RRB PO & Clerk Exams. The total time duration of the prelims exam is 45 minutes.
Q8. What is the IBPS RRB exam fees for 2021 exam?
The application fees involve Rs 175/- for Officer Scale I, II, and III and Office Assistant if belonging to SC/ST/PWBD category and Rs 850/- if other categories.