Information required to obtain a new driving license
- A application for obtaining a learning license is required for a new driving license.
- Applicant should apply online to get a learning and driving license. Form no. Medical certificate must be given in 1 (a). To get an online appointment or get more information when you need a driving license for Transport Goods Vehicle please visit the application form here: https://parivahan.gov.in
- Must be 16 years of age to obtain a non-gearless two-wheeler license.
- Must be 18 years of age to obtain a license for two-wheelers, motorists, tractors and other non-transport vehicles with gear.
- Individuals must have completed 20 years of age for a transport vehicle. In addition he must have passed Level 8 and should have one year experience of operating lightweight vehicles.
- Proof of age: School leaving certificate, birth certificate, passport.
- Address Proof: School leaving certificate, passport, LIC policy, voter ID card, light bill, telephone bill, address tax, Central or State or local government pay slip or applicant’s affidavit must be submitted as proof of address.
- Learning license and driving license fee have to be paid simultaneously. To get a learning license Rs. 50 test fees plus Rs.150 per vehicle category is required.
- Smart card diving license is required to pay Rs.200 and Rs.300 per vehicle category for driving license.
The method of examination
To get a learning license, it is necessary to pass the Knowledge Test from a computer.
- Topics like policy rules, traffic signage are included in the test.
- In the test, 15 questions will be asked, in order to pass, 11 of them need to be answered correctly.
- It will take 48 seconds to answer each question.
- A person who does not pass the test can appeal for re-examination after 24 hours.
- Anyone who has a learning license or a driving license can apply to add an additional category of vehicle to the current driving license, they are exempted from having a knowledge test on the computer.
- LLR Sample Question Bank Click here.
It is mandatory to take a diving exam to obtain a permanent driving license
- Anyone with a learning license can take a driving test anytime after the 30-day period after obtaining it.
- Driving test will be taken only on the type of vehicle for which you have applied for a driving license.
- The learning license will be valid for 6 months only, so that the applicant will be required to appear for the driving test only during this valid period. No
- Click here to book a diving test appointment.
This information is taken from the website of the Commissioner of Transport of the Government of Gujarat.