NMMS Scholarship 2020 The National Means Cum Merit Scholarship (NMMS) is provided by the MHRD, Government of India. There are approx. 1 lac NMMS scholarships granted to the students every year. The students have to appear in the written entrance exam of NMMS 2020 scholarship to become eligible. NMMS 2020 exam is scheduled to be conducted on December 12, 13 and 20. The exam of NMMS 2020 scholarship is conducted by the State Council of Education Research Training (SCERT) for their respective state.
NMMS 2020 scholarship application form has been released by various sates and some states will soon release the application form. The application form of NMMS 2020 scholarship will be available in both online and offline mode. The students who will qualify the NMMS 2020 scholarship exam with minimum required marks will be eligible to get the scholarship amount. The maximum NMMS scholarship is INR 12000 p. a. for every individual student.
This article includes all the relevant details of NMMS 2020 scholarship such as application form, eligibility criteria, exam pattern, syllabus, result etc. Go through the complete article to know more about the NMMS 2020 scholarship in detail.
NMMS Scholarship 2020 – Important Dates
The candidates interested for the NMMS scholarship can check out the list of important dates and events provided below.
List of Dates and Events
|Issue of application form||19-11-2020|
|Last date to apply for NMMS application||19-12-2020|
|Issue of hall ticket||January-2021 First Week ( Expected )|
|NMMS Scholarship exam 2020||28-02-2020|
|Result of NMMS||–|
NMMS Scholarship 2020 – Scheme Details
The details of NMMS 2020 scholarship scheme as provided by the authorities are stated below.
- Approx. 1 lac scholarships are granted per year to the students whose parental income is 1.5 lac p. a. or less from all the sources.
- As per the state quota the NMMS 2020 scholarship may differ as per the category of the candidates or domicile of the candidates.
- The quota of scholarship is being fixed by every state, the annexure of state quota NMSS scholarship as per the class of the candidates is provided.
- The maximum amount of NMMS 2020 scholarship will be maximum INR 12000 p. a. No student will be provided more than INR 1000 per month as scholarship.
- The scholarship will be provided on the yearly basis to the students of class 9th studying in a government – aided or wholly government or local body school. The scholarship can be granted for a maximum period of 4 years from class 9th to class 12th.
- To get the NMMS 2020 scholarship, the students will have to qualify the exam conducted by the state government or UT.
NMMS scholarship 2020 – Eligibility Criteria (Senior and Higher secondary stage)
Only the eligible candidates will be able to claim the scholarship of NMMS 2020 for the senior and higher secondary stage. The eligibility conditions for the NMMS 2020 scholarship for senior and higher secondary stage is as given below:
- The scholarship is payable for a maximum period of 4 years from class IX to class XII.
- The NMMS 2020 scholarship is only applicable for the candidates studying within India only.
- The candidates claiming NMMS 2020 scholarship, must have a clear promotion record of class VIII and IX.
- The NMMS scholarship is not provided for the diploma and certificate courses at this stage.
- The candidate must have scored minimum fifty – five percent marks from class IX to XII, in order to continue the NMMS scholarship 2020. For the SC / ST category candidates there will be a relaxation of 5 percent marks.
- If there will be no exam conducted by the school for the NMMS scholarship 2020, at the end of class IX and XI session, then a certificate of confirmation shall be issued by the head of the school, otherwise the scholarship shall be discontinued.
- The NMMS 2020 scholarship scheme shall be monitored by the Department at regular intervals of time by the authorized stakeholders.
- The candidate must have scored minimum sixty percent marks in class X, to continue the NMMS scholarship at the next stage. For the SC / ST category candidates there will be a relaxation of 5 percent marks.
NMMS scholarship 2020 – Terms and Conditions
The following terms and conditions must be satisfied by students to claim the scholarship of NMMS 2020.
- The course must be approved as per NMMS eligibility.
- The candidate has to provide the certificate of good conduct in his / her regular studies by the head of the college or institution.
- The candidate should not be in any type of employment.
- The student must be pursuing whole time study course.
- The candidate should not be absent without proper leave.
- The scholarship will not be provided for the abroad studies.
- The scholarship will not be provided, if the student discontinues the course within one month of the course registration.
- If the scholarship will be claimed after 12 months of the course commencement, then no claims will be provided for such arrears.
- If the candidate will not be able to appear in the final exam, then the medical certificate must be provided at the Head of the institute within three months of sickness.
- The medical certificate must be provided by the Registered Medical Practitioner. If the candidate’s overall performance during the year is fifty percent or above, only than he / she will be permitted to continue the same course.
- In case of any gap of one year, in the studies due to any reason, the NMMS 2020 scholarship shall be discontinued by the authorities.
- The candidate must join the desired course within three months of the announcement of the last course result.
- In case of any breach of the rules provided by NMMS scholarship for the 2020 session, the scholarship shall be discontinued by the authorities.
- The provided rules regarding the NMMS 2020 scholarship can be changed any time at the discretion of the exam conducting body.
NMMS Scholarship 2020 – Application Form
The application form of NMMS scholarship has been issued on the official website of State’s SCERT. To claim the NMMS 2020 scholarship, the candidates are required to fill the application form. The application form of NMMS 2020 scholarship is available now. The application has been issued in both online and offline mode for the convenience of the students. The students must ensure the eligibility criteria before filling the application form of NMMS 2020 scholarship form.
Steps to fill the NMMS Scholarship Form
The steps to fill the NMMS scholarship form are given below:
Registration of the candidate
To fill the NMMS 2020 scholarship form, the candidates will have to provide the basic details on the official portal. After completing the registration of NMMS 2020 scholarship, an application ID of the candidate will be created. The application ID and generated password will be further required to login on the portal of NSP to continue the application form.
Fill up the form
After completing the registration of the NMMS 2020 scholarship, the candidates will have to fill the application form on the official portal. The application form of NMMS 2020 scholarship requires the educational qualifications, bank details, date of birth, e – mail ID, contact details, school enrolment number, Aadhaar card details, and state domicile details of the student.
Selection of student category
The students of class 9th and 10th will apply under the category of Pre-Matric scholarship. However, the students of class 11th and 12th will have to register under the category of Post Matric scholarship as per the NMMS scholarship 2020.
Review the application
After submitting all the necessary details, review the application form and check all the details mentioned on it. Then click on the submit icon.
Uploading the necessary documents
Now, upload all the necessary documents as per the required size and format as income certificate, caste certificate, Aadhaar card, school ID card etc. on the official website.
Submit and print the form
Submit the application and take out the print of the form for the future reference. Remember, you should not take more than 25 minutes to complete the form, otherwise it will not be accepted on the portal.
NMMS Scholarship 2020 – Exam Pattern
The exam pattern of NMMS scholarship 2020 provides complete idea about the question paper pattern to all the students. The key highlights about the NMMS 2020 exam pattern are as given below:
- The question paper of NMMS exam will be of 90 marks.
- The question paper will include two sections of Mental Ability Test (MAT) and Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT).
- The exam will be conducted in both online and offline mode at the registered exam centres.
- The medium of NMMS 2020 exam will be both English and Hindi medium.
- The total exam duration for each paper of NMMS scholarship 2020 will be 90 minutes.
NMMS Scholarship 2020 – Syllabus
In order to prepare for the NMMS scholarship exam 2020, the students must prepare as per the prescribed syllabus by the exam conducting body.
- The exam question paper of Mental Ability Test (MAT) will cover the multiple – choice questions from topics like analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc. The complete question paper will be based on verbal and non – verbal meta – cognitive skills such as reasoning and critical thinking.
- The question paper of Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) will cover the class 7th and 8th syllabus subjects as mathematics, social science, science, general knowledge etc.
- The students can refer to the NCERT books to complete the syllabus of NMMS scholarship.
- For the MAT paper the mental math books of class 7th can be referred to by the students.
NMMS Scholarship 2020 – Question Paper
As per the exam pattern provided by the authorities, the question paper of NMMS scholarship exam 2020, will include multiple – choice questions. The students will have to tick the correct answer among the four given options. The question paper of NMMS exam 2020 will be provided in both English and Hindi language. The students are advised to solve the previous year question papers of NMMS exam 2020 to score good marks in the exam. Practicing the previous year question paper, will make them understand the exam pattern of NMMS exam.
NMMS Scholarship 2020 – Books
The students must study from the experts recommended books in order to qualify the NMMS exam 2020. The referred books are provided below:
- The NCERT books of class VIII for Mathematics, Social Science, and Science.
- The books of class VII should also be referred by the students to understand the basic concepts of the subjects.
- Apart from the syllabus books, the students must buy the practice paper of NMMS exam provided by various publishers.
NMMS Scholarship 2020 Result
The result for NMMS Scholarship 2020 will be released by the State Council of Education Research Training (SCERT) for candidates who qualifies the exam and are selected as per the category and quota of Scholarship approved by MHRD. The state wise list will be available with the SCERT or on the National Scholarship Portal.
NMMS Scholarship 2020 – Disbursement of Scholarship
To get the disbursement of scholarship, the following conditions will be applicable.
- The list of beneficiaries is sent by the state government to the scholarship portal. After that, it is scrutinized by the ministry and funds are sanctioned as per the Annual Budget.
- The ministry disburses the complete scholarship amount to the State Bank of India.
- The amount of scholarship will be paid to all the students by the State bank of India, once after it will be sanctioned by the ministry to SBI Bank.
- The amount of scholarship will be credited to the students account as per the list provided by the ministry.
- In case of any confusion regarding the list, the SBI branches will coordinate with the State Education Department.
- The amount of scholarship will not be disbursed in installments. The complete amount will be disbursed once in year i. e. INR 12000 for each student.
- The students will have to open an account in SBI bank or any public or private sector scheduled bank to get the scholarship.
- The awardees must have scored minimum 55 % marks in 9th and 11th class to continue the scholarship in the next higher class. For SC ST category candidates there is 5 % relaxation.