UIDAI has made it simpler for people to get their
Update Aadhaar Details Online : Aadhar card updated or corrected both online and offline. Here is a brief snapshot of the processes of Aadhar card update or Aadhar correction through which people can easily get their e Aadhaar card details updated and corrected. Follow the given steps below to update Aadhar card address, name, date of birth, mobile number and email id on the Aadhaar card : Update Aadhaar Details Online
How to Update Aadhar Card Details Online
Step 2. If you have valid address proof click on “Update Address” else “Request for Address Validation Letter”
Step 3. In the new window (https://ssup.uidai.gov.in/web/guest/update), enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number
Step 4. Enter the text verification code in the box and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP
Step 5. An OTP will be sent to the mobile number registered in UIDAI’s database.
Step 6. Enter this OTP to login to your Aadhaar account
Step 7. Alternately, you can use the TOTP feature to authenticate
Step 8. Tick the Address option and click on the Submit button
Step 9. Enter your residential address mentioned in the Proof of Address (PoA) and click on the “Submit Update Request” button
Step 10. In case you want to modify your address, click the “Modify” option
Step 11. Now tick the declaration and click on the “Proceed” button
Step 12. Select the document type you want to submit as PoA for verification and upload the scanned copy of the address proof and click on the “Submit” button
Step 13. Click on the “Yes” button and select the BPO service provider that will verify your details and click on Submit
How to Update Address in Aadhaar without Document Proof
- Application by the applicant
- Approval by the Verifier
- Final Submission by the applicant
Step 2. Click on the “Request for Aadhaar Validation Letter” button
Step 3. Now enter your Aadhaar Card number and click on Send OTP or Enter TOTP
Step 4. Now enter the address verifier’s Aadhaar number and click on submit
Step 5. Your request will be submitted and a message will be sent to the registered mobile number of the verifier
- The verifier gets an SMS containing the OTP and link to verify the applicant’s request on the mobile number registered with UIDAI
- He has to click on the link in the SMS and login to the account
- He has to enter the OTP received in the space provided and confirm the request of the applicant
- Once the verifier approves the request of the applicant, an SMS is sent to the applicant on the registered mobile number with the SRN and the link to submit the application
- Enter the SRN and OTP received through SMS
Update Aadhar Card Details by Visiting an Enrolment Centre
- Fill the Aadhar correction form.
- Make sure you enter that information which is correct and not the one that is mentioned in your Aadhaar.
- Get self-attested copies of proofs validating your update request.
- Submit the form along with documents.
- The applicant is charged Rs 25 for every such visit to the Enrolment Centre for update or correction.
How to Update Aadhar Card Details through Post
- Download online the “Aadhaar Data Update/Correction Form” by visiting
- Fill the required details which you wish to change in your Aadhar card.
- Get the photocopies of the documents that validate the changes requested to be made in the form.
- Send the form along with documents to the postal address as mentioned below:
Post Box No. 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001,
Post Box No. 99,
Hyderabad – 500034,
What Details can be Changed in the Aadhar Card Online?
- Name of the applicant
- Date of Birth
- Mobile number
- Email ID
How to Update Address in Aadhaar Card
- Visit the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal on UIDAI’s website.
- Enter your Aadhaar number and click on Send OTP
- Enter the OTP and security code to proceed
- Now select the address option for updating it
- Enter your current residential address and confirm it
- Now select the relevant proof of address
- Select your BPO for authentication
- Your request will be submitted and an Update Request number (URN) will be generated.
How to Update/Change Name in Aadhaar Card
Step 2: Mention your correct name in the form
Step 3: Submit the form along with the relevant Proof of Identity (PoI)
Step 4: The executive will register your update request
Step 5: You will get an acknowledgment slip for your update request
Step 6: You have to pay ₹ 25/- for availing this facility
How to Update/Change Your Mobile Number in Aadhaar Card
Step 2: Fill the Aadhaar Update Form
Step 3: Enter only your current mobile number in the form
Step 4: You need not mention your previous mobile number
Step 5: You do not have to provide any proof for updating your mobile number
Step 6: The executive will register your request
Step 7: You will be handed over the acknowledgement slip containing the URN
Step 8: A fee of ₹ 25/- has to be paid for availing this service
How to Change the DoB in Aadhaar Card
Step 2: Fill the Aadhaar update form properly mentioning your date of birth on it
Step 3: You do not have to mention the date of birth printed in the card
Step 4: You have to submit the proof of date of birth along with the form
Step 5: The executive takes your biometrics to authenticate your identity
Step 6: He hands over the acknowledgement slip containing URN to you
Step 7: The URN can be used to check the Aadhar update status online
Step 9: Your DoB will be updated in Aadhaar within 90 days
Documents Required for Aadhar Card Update/Correction
Supported Proof of Identity (PoI) Documents Containing Name and Photo for the Correction in Name
- PAN card.
- Either Ration or PDS Photo card.
- Voter Identification card.
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government of India.
- Service photo ID cards that is issued by the PSU.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Photo identification that is issued by some Recognised Educational Institution.
- Licence of Arms.
- Photo Bank ATM card.
- Photo Credit card.
- Photo card of the Pensioner.
- Photo card of the Freedom Fighter.
- Photo Passbook of Kisan.
- Photo card of CGHS.
- Certificate of Marriage.
- Document containing proof of marriage of the applicant issued originally by the marriage Registrar.
- Legally approved name change certificate
- ECHS Photo card.
- Residing Address card of the applicant that contains both the name and photo that was originally issued by the Department of Posts.
- Identity Certificate containing the photo of the applicant on a proper letterhead and is issued by either the Gazetted Officer or the Tehsildar.
- Handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card.
Supported proof of address (POA) Documents Required for Aadhar Updating or Correction
- Statement of bank in which the applicant holds an account.
- Passbook of bank where the applicant is an account-holder.
- Account statement or passbook of the Post Office.
- Ration Card.
- Voter Identification card.
- Driving licence of the applicant.
- Photo identification cards issued by the Government.
- PSU issued Service photo ID card.
- Previous 3 months’ electricity bill.
- Water bill as long as it is not more than 3 months’ old.
- Previous three months’ landline bill related to telephone.
- Receipt showing the Property Tax of the last 3 months.
- Last three months’ Credit Card statement.
- Insurance policy.
- Photo and a letter signed by bank on letterhead.
- Signed letter and photo on the letterhead of the company issued by the registered office.
- Photo and signed letter issued by a well-known educational enterprise on their letterhead.
- Job card of NREGS.
- Arms licence.
- Pensioner card.
- Freedom fighter card.
- Kisan passbook.
- CGHS card.
- ECHS card.
- Address certificate along with a photo on their letterhead that is issued either by an MP, MLA, Gazetted Officer or Tehsildar.
- Address Certificate issued by the Village Panchayat head or any authority equivalent to them for rural areas.
- Assessment order of the Income Tax.
- Registration certificate of vehicle.
- Registered agreement for sale, lease or rent of the applicant’s residential address.
- Photo and address card by the Department of Posts.
- Caste and Domicile certificate along with a photo that the State Government has issued.
- Previous 3 month’s bill of gas connection. Either a handicapped medical certificate or a disability Identification card that is issued by either a State Government, UT Government or any Administrations
- Spouse’s or partner’s passport.
- For minors, parents’ passport is required.
Supported Proof of Date of Birth (DOB) documents for updating or correction
- Certificate of birth.
- Certificate or SSLC Book.
- Passport of the applicant.
- Date of birth Certificate on their letterhead issued by either the Tehsildar or the Gazetted Officer.
Important things to be kept in mind while Updating Aadhar Card Details
- The changes that an individual enters must be correct and appropriate documents which an individual is attaching with the form must be approved.
- The required details must be filled in English or in the local language.
- While correcting the Aadhar card details, it must be made sure that the URN is kept safe as it would help the holder to check the status of update.
- If the holder of the card no longer has the registered phone number with him then the offline method of correcting the Aadhar card should be adopted.
- Make sure that all the details entered in the correction form are filled in capital letters.
- All the necessary information must be filled and no option should be kept unattended.
- Make sure not to use any salutations or designations while writing the name of the holder.
- Only those documents that are required as proof should be sent along with the form.
- The corrected Aadhar card will be sent to the address mentioned in the Aadhaar card and it must be made sure that the card holder is present at the location for receiving it.
- The photocopy of the documents sent by the card holder must be attested by the sender.
Why does the request for Aadhar Card updation/correction get rejected?
- The form should be duly filled and should not be incomplete or contain any errors.
- Adequate documents should be sent along with the form for verification. In absence of such documents, updation or correction request would not be processed.
- All documents sent to UIDAI should be self-attested.
- If the details mentioned in the form do not match with the document attached for verification, details of Aadhar will not be updated.
- Aadhar card updation may also face a roadblock if you do not submit adequate documents along with the form.
FAQs on Update Aadhaar Details Online
A. As per the latest developments, people can update only their address in Aadhaar card online. However, they can update all other details by visiting the nearest Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
A. After the recent modification, Aadhaar card holders can update only their Address online. For updating all other details, they have to visit Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
A. People can update all details mentioned in their Aadhar card by visiting one of the Aadhaar Enrolment Centres. You can update Demographic details (Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, Email) as well as Biometrics (Finger Prints, Iris & Photograph) in Aadhaar.
A. In order to change your address online, you have to submit the scanned copy of the proof of address. In case your document is not accepted by UIDAI, the update request will be rejected.
A. Yes, Aadhaar card acts as a valid identity and residential proof. So, one can use it for credit card and personal loan applications.
A. You can submit the update request in any language you feel comfortable with. The language is not an issue while updating the details in Aadhar.
A. In case your mobile is not registered with UIDAI, you will not be able to avail any of the online facilities related to Aadhaar. You can get your mobile number linked with Aadhaar by visiting the Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
A.You can select the option of verification using OTP through an unregistered mobile number. However, this facility is available online if you have not registered your mobile number with Aadhaar already.
A. In order to register your mobile number with UIDAI, visit a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre and submit the Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction form mentioning your mobile number in the form. You do not have to provide any proof for registering your mobile number with Aadhaar.
A. You do not have to provide any documents to update/change your mobile number. Just fill the Aadhar Enrolment/Correction Form and submit it along with the updation charge of Rs 25.
A. Only residential address can be updated online as well as offline through post. However, you can update all your biometric and demographic details by visiting a nearby Aadhaar Enrolment Centre.
A. The Aadhar Enrolment/Update Form is to be sent to the following address along with necessary documents:
Post Box Number 10,
Madhya Pradesh – 480001
A. One of the parents has to mention their Aadhaar details for the child. In case changes are done in their cards, they have to get it updated in their child’s Aadhar as well.
A. You can get your Aadhar updated with the new address and furnish your Aadhaar card as the proof of address for updating address in your child’s Aadhaar.
A. You can get the address updated in your child’s Aadhaar by furnishing your Aadhaar card as the proof of address. You do not have to provide an additional proof of address for your child.
A. You do not have to provide any of the previous data. You have to mention only the new data that has to be updated in your Aadhaar. Also, provide a proof for the suggested update.
A. No salutation is needed while applying for making corrections in your Aadhaar. You have to only mention your correct name to update your name in Aadhar card.
A. No, the request once submitted online cannot be modified. Please make sure you enter correct information in the form before finally submitting it.
A. You can download the updated e-Aadhaar from UIDAI’s website. Also, you can refresh your Aadhaar details in the mAadhaar app once the data in your Aadhar is updated.
A. You have to visit one of the Aadhaar Enrolment Centres and fill the Aadhaar Enrolment/Correction Form mentioning the new email id. A fee of Rs 25 is charged from the applicant for updating the Aadhaar details.
A. Yes, the update request of a person can be rejected on grounds that the documents validating the change are not submitted or are not accepted by UIDAI.
A. Those people who are not able to provide correct details at the time of enrolment, have a chance of getting their Aadhaar suspended. Also, if a person has an Aadhaar but he applies again, his Aadhaar card will not be generated. This may happen even at the later stages of verification (after enrolment).
A. It is not necessary to provide C/O information in the address. You can also mention S/O, W/O or D/O in your address. However, if a person mentions it in his address, his address will be updated as it is written in the form.
A. Your address is updated in your Aadhaar and the new Aadhaar card is sent to you within 90 days of application. However, you can check the status online and once it is updated, you can download your e-Aadhaar online.